Spin In® Biomedical Engineering, Healthcare Specialist
Spin In® Healthcare Specialist
The Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP) at the University of Delaware (UD) is seeking a Biomedical Engineering - Healthcare Specialist to join an interdisciplinary team of engineers, marketing specialists, and business analysts to work as an interdisciplinary team with an innovative healthcare data software company that is revolutionizing the clinician decision making process and patient care. The team will work as an independent team in close consultation and under the guidance of experts and mentors to conduct market / business research and analyses to support the development of a software prototype specifically designed for patients. This Spin In® team will be based in a dedicated space located at the Fintech Innovation Hub on the UD STAR campus.
Position as Healthcare Specialist:
The responsibilities entail taking part in a collaborative team to include the following:
· Develop a clear understanding of the product and service for clinicians and patients.
· Research and analyze customer needs and collaborate with team members to identify target market/customer(s).
· Utilize a working knowledge and general understanding of healthcare data needs for clinicians and patients to identify specific needs of targeted customer base and parameters for a successful product/service.
· Contribute to the development of a report with analyses and recommendations to establish preliminary marketing, business, and technical goals of the product/service.
· Key interface to lead the team in understanding the need/drive for new solutions and innovations for patient care; work with the team to research, analyze and recommend opportunities throughout the value chain with respect to customers.
· Work with team to ensure that project is delivered on target according to the requirements and with the highest quality.
· Currently enrolled in BS program healthcare-related field, Biomedical Engineering or similar.
· Understanding of clinical needs, services, application with regard to diagnosis and patient care.
· Ability to analyze research data.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· Ability to interpret and communicate research result.
· Close attention to detail
The successful candidate will be personally motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance and have the ability to engage with mentors, peer and experts to further develop his or her knowledge to solve work related challenges. The candidate must be capable of contributing in a small, highly collaborative, consensus-driven team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Terms and Conditions:
This paid position begins August 2023 (Fall Semester) and runs through the May 2024 (Spring Semester), with a possibility of Summer Session (through August 2024). Average hours of 15 hours per week. Dates will be finalized during hiring process. Rate of pay is $15.00 per hour.
Please send a written application marked “Healthcare Specialist” via e-mail to: email@example.com. In your application please include the following: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references.
This position will remain open until filled.