Spin In® Marketing Specialist
Spin In® Marketing Specialist
The Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP) at the University of Delaware (UD) is seeking a Marketing Specialist with the ability to conduct research to join an interdisciplinary team of engineers, business analysts, and healthcare specialists to work as an interdisciplinary team with an innovative healthcare data software company that is revolutionizing the clinician decision making process and patient care. The team will work as an independent team in close consultation and under the guidance of experts and mentors to conduct market / business research and analyses to support the development of a software prototype specifically designed for patients. This Spin In® team will be based in a dedicated space located at the Fintech Innovation Hub on the UD STAR campus.
Position as Marketing [Research] Specialist:
Responsibilities as member of a collaborative team include the following:
· Develop a clear understanding of the product and service for clinicians and patients.
· Lead market research and analysis to establish primary market and customer(s) and the need/drive for new solution(s) for patients.
· Identify customer needs and parameters for a successful product/service.
· Identify and analyze existing and competing products and services.
· Work with all members of the team to develop marketing plan recommendation(s), including target market, customer(s), cost/price analysis, commercialization plan.
· Engage with Business and Finance Analysts to analyze preliminary pricing and financial models to determine business structure and approach.
· BS program in business, marketing, communications, or related field.
· Direct experience, knowledge and ability to engage in market research and use of research software tools.
· Ability analyze data and draw conclusions from market research.
· Ability to engage with potential customers to gain insight (customer discovery).
· High attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills and leadership skills.
The successful candidate will be a personally motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance and have the ability to engage with mentors, peers, and experts to further develop his or her knowledge to solve work related challenges. The candidate must be capable of contributing and achieving in a small, highly collaborative, consensus-driven team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Terms and Conditions:
This paid position begins August 2023 (Fall Semester) and runs through the May 2024 (Spring Semester), with a possibility of Summer Session (through August 2024). Average hours of 15 hours per week. Dates will be finalized during hiring process. Rate of pay is $15.00 per hour.
Please send a written application marked “Marketing Specialist” via e-mail to: email@example.com. In your application, please include the following: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references.
This position will remain open until filled.